Dr. Elisha is in private practice in Colorado, California, and via videoconferencing. She holds offices in Los Angeles and Aspen, CO. She brings her background in psychoanalysis and the treatment of a large range of mental health issues to bear on a specialty in relationship and attachment issues. She has many years experience treating health, body image, and eating concerns as well as substance abuse and personality disorders. Dr. Elisha has written in the area of body and health experience and its relationship to psychological wellbeing. Her new book, published by the American Psychological Association,"The Conscious Body: A psychoanalytic exploration of the body in therapy," explores the role of the body in psychoanalysis and psychoanalytic treatment. Dr. Elisha is on the organizing committee and teaching faculty of the New Center for Psychoanalysis' eating disorders training program and periodically provides seminars and short courses for other organizations. She is a former staff member with the Susan B Krevoy Eating Disorders Program and has served for other inpatient treatment programs.
In psychotherapy, Dr. Elisha can help you understand how your symptoms may themselves be a gateway to a full, authentic life. She works from a psychodynamic and transpersonal perspective, which includes a focus on the unconscious and conscious patterns of being and relatedness that structure our experience of ourselves and the world. Therapy sessions explore your experience and tailor treatment goals to meet your individual needs and desires.
If you are located at a distance from a practice location, videoconferencing can provide you with a personal therapeutic relationship at a distance.
Please call to schedule a consultation: 970.989.4828
• CA Licensed Clinical Psychologist PSY#21535
• CO Licensed Clinical Psychologist PSY3897
• Licensed Professional Counselor NM#006972
• National Certified Counselor #87879
• Psychoanalyst from New Center for Psychoanalysis
, 2016, Los Angeles, CA.
• PhD in Clinical Psychology at Pacifica Graduate Institute
, 2006, Carpinteria, CA.
• MA Transpersonal Psychology, Institute of Transpersonal Psychology
, 1999, Palo Alto, CA.
• Bachelor of Arts in Biology, 1996, UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA.
• Certified Holistic Health Care Practitioner, UCSC, 1997.